Babiators protect your child's eyes at a critical time – Babiators’ lenses offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays – but why should we be concerned about protecting our children’s eyes from UV exposure?
* Children’s sensitive skin needs sunscreen to limit dangerous UV exposure and their eyes need protection too. Here are the facts:
* When compared to adult’s eyes, children’s eyes have fewer natural protections against UV exposure, making them more likely to be damaged.
* The more time you spend outdoors, the more susceptible you are to sun damage. Published scientific research concludes that up to 50% of lifetime UV ray exposure may occur by age 18, so it’s imperative that we protect our children’s eyes now!
* According to Dr. J. Keller Wortham, a physician with Optimum Wellness Family Medical Group in Los Angeles, excessive exposure to the sun during daily activities can contribute to cataract formation, macular degeneration, pinguecula and pterygium (growth on the eye's surface), photokeratitis (snow blindness), and skin cancer on the eyelids. Those are a lot of big words, but the bottom line is this: protecting your children's eyes is critical.
When babies grab onto something, where’s the first place it goes? Their mouths! That’s why it’s imperative that anything made for babies be safe – and that’s the idea behind Babiators.
Babiators are made without BPA, without phthalates, and without lead-based paint – we know because we test every shipment to make sure! So when you buy Babiators, you can rest assured that you are buying the safest sunglasses out there for your little one!
* Age Recommendation: Junior Babiatorstm: Ages 6 months - 3 yrs
* Classic Babiators: Ages 3 yrs - 8 yrs
* Materials: rubber, metal, shatter-resistant acrylic
* To clean lenses, wash with soap and water and dry with a soft cloth.